Sunday, September 2, 2012

PANZRAM: A Journal of Murder - By Carl Panzram - Amok Books Edition


PANZRAM: A Journal of Murder - By Carl Panzram - with Thomas E. Gaddis and James O. Long

Cover Art by Joe Coleman

"In my lifetime I have murdered 21 human beings, I have committed thousands of burglaries, robberies, larcenies, arsons, and last but not least I have committed sodomy on more than a thousand male human beings. For all of these things I am not the least bit sorry. I have no conscience so that does not worry me. I don't believe in Man, God nor Devil. I hate the whole damn human race including myself."

Carl Panzram, who called himself the "world's worst murderer," wrote these words in a full autobiography and confessional he prepared for the one friend in his life­ - a young prison guard named Henry Lesser. This book combines these brutally forthright memoirs with the perspective of authors Thomas E. Gaddis (author of Birdman of Alcatraz) and James O. Long in a compelling chronicle of the forces that engender hate. The authors provide a historical and sociological framework for Panzram's own words, using this uniquely detailed self-analysis by a mass murderer to depict what happens when an intelligent and unbreakable personality that has been unmercifully abused strikes back in vengeance.

PANZRAM: A Journal of Murder, arrives as a gripping warning from America's recent past to our current repressive era of prison-system industrial complexes, death penalty abuse, and high rates of incarceration from a man who walked the halls of Death Row with a blindingly clear vision. Although this person is the most heinous murderer and villain - he somehow manages to gain your respect by the end of the book....

Amok Books 2002 Edition - 295 Page Paperback - Some B&W Photos - PRICE: $25.00

*Orders Outside the USA Please E-mail: danger@komabookstore.com - for shipping price







No comments:

Post a Comment